- As per Section 19(1) of the aforementioned Act, the Court shall be the supreme authority of the University and shall consist of the following persons:-
- Five eminent persons in the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities, nominated by the Government;
- Secretary(Finance) to Government;
- Secretary(Higher Education) to Government;
- Secretary (Department of Art and Culture) to Government;
- A representative of the University Grants Commission;
- Registrar of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- The term of office of the nominated members of the Court other than the ex-officio members shall be three years.
- Where a person becomes the member of the Court by reason of the office or appointment he holds his membership shall terminate when he ceases to hold that office or appointment.
- of the Court shall cease to be a member if he resigns or becomes of unsound mind, or becomes insolvent or is convicted of a criminal offence involving moral turpitude. A member, other than the Vice-Chancellor or professor, shall also cease to be member if he accepts a full time appointment in the University; or if he, not being an ex-Officio member, fails to attend three consecutive meetings of the Court without the leave of the Chancellor,
- A member of the Court, other than an ex-officio member, may resign his office by a letter addressed to the Chancellor and such resignation shall take effect as soon as it has been accepted by him.
- Any vacancy in the Court shall be filled by nomination by the respective nominating authority and on expiry of the period of the vacancy; such nomination shall cease to be effective.