- Recognize users as our primary focus and believe that each user of the Library is unique and important.
- Evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
- Innovative and proactive – virtual platform (anytime/anywhere).
- Promote self-education, learning, research and scholarship.
- Foster cooperation by sharing resources via local, national, and international networks.
- Promote equity of access to information.
- Value diversity.
- Respect user privacy.
- Defend intellectual freedom – appreciate use, but restrict misuse.
- Promote the Library as both a real and a virtual extended classroom.
- Embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- Offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- Support individual growth and organizational development.
- Promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.