Rules And Regulations
The Library will remain open throughout the year according to a schedule to be decided by the library Advisory Committee. Library hours are subject to change and the changes if any, will be notified on the Library Notice Board from time to time.
1. RIGHT OF ENTRY:
The right of entry to the AUD Library is reserved to bonafide students, teachers, and staff of the University. Students are required to keep their Identity Cards with them for inspection whenever they visit the library. Library staff is authorised to request them to show their cards at any time. A strict action will be taken against unauthorised entrants. Patrons other than the above listed categories and ex-students of the university are required to seek the Librarian's written permission to use the library.
- Students, teachers and staff of the university are entitled to become members of the library. The identity cards issued to students and faculty will serve as Library Membership.
- Membership is not transferable. A member is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her own card. Neither books nor membership should be lent to another person. Sub-lending of books is a misuse of membership privileges and may lead to withdrawal of membership.
- Before leaving the library, members should ensure that the books they are taking out are properly issued. If a member is found removing any reading material without getting it properly issued, he/she will be immediately reported to the Librarian for suitable action.
- Members should keep the Library informed of changes of address, telephone no., class or subject of study etc. during the period of their membership.
- Books should not be kept beyond the date marked on the due date-slip.
- Library books are for the use and benefit of not only the present but also future members of the library. Therefore, all library books should be handled with due care and consideration. Members should not use markers, pen, pencil, or disfigure the books in any way.
- Members should satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books they wish to borrow before getting them issued; otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Loss of membership card should be reported immediately. Despite every precaution, the Library will not be responsible if the lost card is misused.
- All users are requested to maintain silence in the library. Smoking, eating and using mobile phones etc. are strictly prohibited in the library premises. Users are expected to behave decently and maintain decorum.
- No personal belongings, except note books, and lap top computers are allowed in the library.
3. PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS:
All students, faculty members and employees of the University are eligible for the membership of the Library. The various categories of members mentioned below shall be entitled to borrow the specified number of volumes from the library for the period noted against each category.
|Patrons||Can Borrow ||Days|
|UG Students||3 Books/2 Text Books||15/2|
|PG Students||5 Books/3 Text Books||15/2|
|Mphil, PhD||10 Books||90 Days|
|Faculty||15 Books||1 Semester|
|Non-Teaching||5 Books||1 Month|
Note :- Textbook should be issued only for 2 days
- We develop our human resources and support continuous professional development.
- Library Committee Minutes