School of Liberal Studies
1. Associate Fellow (Faculty member) at V. V. Giri National Labour Institute (Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India) NOIDA 2010-2014.Responsibilities undertaken for the Ministry of Labour and Employment, GOI.
Associated in various capacities with research institutes and the NGO sector in Delhi like the Centre for Women’s Development Studies (CWDS), Sama - Resource Group for Women and Health, Centre for Education and Communication (CEC), Indian Institute of Dalit Studies (IIDS), PRIA (Society for Participatory Research in India).
At CEC (2005-2009) research and advocacy activities organised:
1. Conducted a Research study on Housing and Land Rights for Tea Workers in Closed and Abandoned Tea Gardens – A case of Kathalguri T.E., North Bengal- Draft Report submitted, 2007.
2. Coordinated with important stakeholders of the plantation industry towards International Conference in Delhi (2005), with Institute of Social Development in Kandy, Sri Lanka (2006) and National Seminar at Kumily, Kerala (2007) as part of the International Tea Day campaign.
3. Coordinated International meetings at the with trade unions and labour support organisations on “International Coalition for Just Tea” and “Afro-Asian Labour Solidarity”, at the World Social Forum, Nairobi, Kenya, January 2007 in association with Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
4. Coordinated an International Consultation of Trade Unions and other stakeholders towards South Asia Campaign on the Adoption and Ratification of ILO Convention on Labour Standards for Fish Workers at Negembo, Sri Lanka, February 2007.
5. Coordinated a South Asian level meeting on “Exacerbating Vulnerabilities: Impact of Trade Agreements on Women Workers” in New Delhi on 15-16 October, 2008 with Committee for Asian Women (CAW), Bangkok.
6. Supervised two internships programmes
At Sama - Resource Group for Women and Health (2003-2005),
Conducted a Research study on the “Interrelationship between Gender and Malaria among the rural poor in Jharkhand”; Small Grants Programme on Gender and Social issues in Reproductive Health Research, supported by Ford Foundation. Fieldwork was coordinated with a local organisation Mahila Jagriti Kendra, Gomia Block, Jharkhand. Report published by Achuta Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum, India, 2005
Courses taught at University
BA Sociology Programme
MA Sociology Programme
MA in Public Health
PhD Sociology Programme
Research Supervision at University
PhD supervision (ongoing):
M. Phil (Awarded)
Received three work awards (2013-15) from the Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum, under the National Research Programme on Plantation Development (NRPPD), sponsored by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, GOI
Invitations and Presentations (Conferences/Seminars):
Paper “Labour market precarity: A case of contractual cabin crew employees in Delhi” accepted at the 42nd International Labour Process Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, April 12-14, 2023.
Invitations and participations
Completed Minor Sponsored Research Projects