Resource Person at International and National Workshop:
- Menon, Krishna ( January 7th, 2019) Lecture on ‘ Global feminism- Contexts and Challenges’ at the international workshop organized by Women’s Studies and Development Centre and the Indian Institute of Dalit Studies with the Women’s Studies department of the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, USA.
- Menon, Krishna ( January 5th, 2019) Resource person at a workshop titled Gender Equity and Inclusion: Transformative Pathways in Higher Education at St. Teresa’s College, Kochi organized by WISCOMP as part of a project on Gender Equity: Women’s Equality, Empowerment and Leadership through Safe Higher Educational and Work Spaces Project supported by the Public Affairs Department of the American Embassy
- Menon, Krishna ( December 13th, 2018) Panelist on Gendering the Smart Safe City Workshop organized by King’s College, London and JAGORI and supported by UK Arts and Humanities Research Council on ‘Gender and the Smart City’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSPz8DwffI&feature=youtu.be
- Menon, Krishna (22-25 January 2016) Engendering Research-Perspectives and Possibilities- International Workshop for faculty from Sherubtse College, Royal Bhutan Embassy, Bhutan organized by WISCOMP, New Delhi.
- Menon, Krishna ( July 5th, 2018) Conducted a workshop on Gender Sensitization on behalf of the National Commission for Women, at the Kerala Police Academy, Thrissur, Kerala for 600 women recruits in the Kerala Police.
- Menon, Krishna ( December 18th, 2017)Resource Person in the National Workshop on Gender Mainstreaming and Research on Women’s Issues organized by the WSDC DU in collaboration with Commonwealth of Universities Association- presentation on What is Feminist Theory.
- Menon, Krishna ( May 16th, 2017) Chief Guest and Speaker at the consultative workshop organized by PRAGYA ( UN Trust Fund) on Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women of Ethnic Minority Communities
- Menon, Krishna (January 14th, 2017) Writing Research Papers- Ís there a Feminist Research Method- questions of inter disciplinarity ‘Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi.
- Menon, Krishna (24th November 2015) ‘Creative Dialogues on Violence Prevention’ , WISCOMP, India International Centre, Resource Person ‘Resisting Violence- In Pursuit of Equality’-
- Menon, Krishna (5th, 2015, August) Qualitative Research Methodology workshop. NUEPA, New Delhi Resource Person- ‘Feminist Research Methodology’
- Menon, Krishna (29th, December. 2015) In-service Course for Post Graduate Teachers of Computer Sc (2nd Spell) 2015-16. Kendriya Vidyalaya organized by MHRD, GOI. Resource Person- Law and Gender in the Workplace.
Membership of Committees
- Menon, Krishna ( July 19th, 2018) Appointed by the Honorable LG of Delhi as a member of the Task Force on Women’s Safety in Delhi
- Menon, Krishna ( 2018) Appointed Expert Member at Defence Institute of Psychological Research, DRDO for a project on Indian Defence Forces- Gender and Peacekeeping Operations.
- Menon, Krishna ( 2018 onward) Expert on the Gender Studies Department Board of NCERT
- Menon, Krishna ( 2018) Expert Doctoral Advisory Board, Gender Studies, IGNOU
- Menon, Krishna ( 2019) External Member on the ICC of National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana.
- The Board of Studies of AUD, School of Undergraduate Studies 2014-2017
- Board of Studies of the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie (2014-2016)
- The ethics committee of SAMA, an NGO working on the issue of the rights of surrogate women in India (2010-2011)
- Convener, M A programme in gender studies, Ambedkar University 2010
- Member Text Book Committee of NCERT, 2005-2008
- Menon, Krishna ( August 11th, 2018) Panelist at Shiv Nadar School NOIDA, Panel discussion titled The Dialogue on Nationalism with Siddharth Vardarajan, Rukmini Sen and Zakka Jacob
- Menon, Krishna (January 19th, 2018) Panelist at a Panel Discussion organized by the IIC titled Police: Security, Crimes and Women’s Safety in Delhi as a part of a series titled Delhi Matters. Chaired by Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath, co panelists were Mr. Sanjay Baniwal, IPS and Dr. Kalpana Vishwanath. Menon, K ( March 17th, 2017)
- Menon, Krishna (2017) Chaired a panel titled The Female Body and its Fragments: Negotiation, Violence and Resistance in South Asia and presented a paper titled The Many Bodies of Indian Democracy at the International Conference of the Association for Asian Studies in Toronto, Canada.
- Menon, Krishna ( November 30th, 2016) Chair and Presenter of a panel titled Education and Socialization to Counter Gender Bias and Discrimination- at the National Consultation on ‘Effective Intervention and Communication Strategies to Counter Violence Against Women’ organized by WISCOMP, New Delhi
- Menon, K (2016) Chair of Panel on Understanding Social Sciences and Humanities, organized by MentorYes at India International Centre, June 3rd, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFyGRRnEIU
- Menon, K. (2016) Introduced the book “Feminist Subversion and Complicity: Governmentalities and Gender Knowledge in South Asia." Edited by- Maitrayee Mukhopadhyay (Zubaan Books) at the book launche and panel discussion at Ambedkar University Delhi. August 24th, 2016
- Menon, K. (2015). Chair at Panel Discussion on Gender, Conflict ICSSR National Seminaron ‘Gender, Identity and Migration in India’, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi, August, 2015.
- Panelist -Strengthening Public Discourse on Domestic Violence-Centre for Advocacy and Research (CFAR) 11th December, 2015
- Panelist-Developing the Idea of School of Life: Facilitating Multi-Stakeholder Exchange, International Centre for Advocacy and Research. New Delhi. 24th,August, 2015
Menon, Krishna (August 23rd, 2018) invited to participate in a Round Table discussion on Dissemination of Harmful Messages on Social Media- by NLU, Delhi as part of consultations with Chris Daniels, CEO of Whatsapp at Hotel Claridges, New Delhi.
Menon, Krishna (June 1, 2017) Invited by National Commission for Women, to join a consultative meeting for agenda setting towards new research directions.
Menon, K. ( January 27th, 2017) Jury member of the Sahas award given by WISCOMP for initiatives against violence against women.
Nominated as a member of the Study -Group constituted by Government of N.C.T. Delhi to study and analyse issues relating to women safety in the National Capital Territory of Delhi- 7th, March 2017.
- Menon, Krishna (September 12th, 2018) Special speaker at the National Conference organized by Women, Power and Connect and Freidrich Ebert Stiftung on ‘What is politics and how is feminism a political issue? Why is feminism relevant to students.”
- Menon, Krishna ( November 15th, 2018) Keynote speaker at a ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on ‘Women of Marginalized Communities: Concerns about Exclusions” at Aligarh Muslim University
- Menon, Krishna ( January 19th, 2018) Keynote address on Democracy and Diversity at the International Conference on Deepening Diversity, Women’s Rights and Democracy at IIC. Organized by CAFI, Manipur Gun Survivors Network, Northesat India Initiative for Peace in collaboration with MARG, supported by EU.
- Menon, K. ( 2016) at the Inauguration of the School of Life for survivors of domestic violence organized by CFAR at Mandoli Village, Delhi. May 30th, 2016.
- Menon, K. (2016). . Democracy, Social Exclusion and Rights in Contemporary India, lecture delivered at National Seminar organized by Miranda House, University of Delhi, supported by ICSSR, April 19th,2016.
- Menon, K. (2016) Invited speaker at a seminar on Recognizing the Milestones and Challenges Ahead, organized by Centre For Advocacy Research at IIC. October 15th, 2016.
Feminist Judgement Writing Project
- Menon, Krishna ( May 16th, 2018) Critical Reader, Indian Feminist Judgment Writing Project. Global Jindal University.
- Menon, Krishna ( October 7th, 2018) Commentary on the Charu Khurana vs Union of India Judgement at the Indian Feminist Judgement Writing Project organized by Global Jindal University, Ambedkar University Delhi .
- Other Interests
- Trained Bharatanatyam, Odissi and Mohimiattam dancer with over two decades of stage experience
- Trained Carnatic musician with advanced training.
Classical Dance Reviews
- Classical Dance Critic of the Indian Express (New Delhi Edition)- 1993-96