Publications in Journals
- 2022 Unbearable Weight: Women and the Shaping of Political Subjects through the Politics of Corporeality Malhotra, Meenakshi and Menon, Krishna (2022) "Unbearable Weight: Women and the Shaping of Political Subjects through the Politics of Corporeality," Journal of International Women's Studies: Vol. 24: Iss. 6, Article 19. Available at: https://vc.bridgew.edu/jiws/vol24/iss6/19
- 2021 Celebrate early and often: departing IFJP 2018–2021 editorial team thank you, International Feminist Journal of Politics, 23:5, 671-673, DOI: 10.1080/14616742.2021.1994754
- 2021 Feminist spaces: conferences, journals, community International Feminist Journal of Politics 2021, VOL. 23, NO. 4, 523–526 https://doi.org/10.1080/14616742.2021.1953293
- 2021 Social Sciences Teaching and Research: Its Resilience and Relevance in Times of the NEP and Pandemic Journal of Education Planning and Administration Volume XXXV, No. pp. 47-58
- 2021 Violence: no bright lines between conflict and peace, International Feminist Journal of Politics, 23:3, 371-373, DOI: 10.1080/14616742.2021.1932281
- 2021 Feminist editing in an unfeminist world, International Feminist Journal of Politics, 23:2, 189-191, DOI: 10.1080/14616742.2021.1905971
- 2021 ‘Vectors and warp speed: hypermasculinity on the rise, once again?’ International Feminist Journal of Politics. 10.1080/14616742.2020.1863666
- 2020 ‘Towards Freedom and Equality: Women’s Education in India’ and edited the Special Issue on Gender and Higher Education, WISCOMP’s Peace Prints. ISSN: 2582-7871
- 2020 ‘COVID-19: shifting paradigms’ International Journal of Feminist Politics 10.1080/14616742.2020.1796363
- 2020 “Epistemological pitfalls of homogenization in the politics of resistance” International Feminist Journal of Politics.
- 2020 “Research ethics and epistemic oppression” International Feminist Journal of Politics. 10.1080/14616742.2020.1771006
- 2020 “Feminism + knowledge + politics” International Feminist Journal of Politics 10.1080/14616742.2020.1703715.
- 2018 “The State of Care, Work, Ethics and Gender” Contemporary Social Scientist X(ii).
- 2014 “Daily Border Crossings: Negotiations of Gender, Body and Subjectivity in the Lives of Women Workers in Urban Malls” Cultural Encounters, Conflicts, and Resolutions.
- 2012 “Divine Music, Evil Women: Gender and Music in the Making of Modern South India” Interdisciplinary.net
- 2009 “Current Research Trends in Indian Politics: The Debate Between Development and Democracy” Journal of South Asian Studies.
- 1995 “Politics in Kerala” The IIC Quarterly.
- 1990 “Frauen Und Recht In Indien: Aspekte Eines Strebens Nach Freiheit in Indien In Der Gegenwart”.
- 2020 “Gender Mainstreaming in Politics, Administration and Development in South Asia” South Asian Journal of Policy and Governance, Public Administration Campus, Central Department of Publication, Tribhuvan University.
- 2013 “Democracy and its Institutions” Studies in Indian Politics, SAGE.
- 2013 “A Grief to Bury: Memories of Love, Work and Loss by Vasanth Kannabiran” Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia and the Pacific, Australian National University.
2023 The Gendered Body in South Asia Negotiation, Resistance, Struggle Edited By Meenakshi Malhotra, Krishna Menon, Rachana Johri, Routledge. New Delhi
- 2020 Doing Feminisms in the Academy. Zubaan.
- 2019 Social Movements in Contemporary India. Sage Texts.
- 2009 Human Rights, Gender and the Environment. Pearson.
- 2017 Annotated Bibliography Resisting Violence: Annotated Bibliography and Documents on Initiatives to Challenge Violence Against Women. WISCOMP..
- 2018 “Women’s Political Participation in India” Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India. Worldview.
- 2018 “State Intervention in Women’s Rights” Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India. Worldview.
- 2018 Classical Political Theory. MHRD Government of India.
- 2018 Gender Violence and Human Rights. Orientation Programme, MOOC Lecture,
- 2017 Conventional Understanding of the Political. E-Gyankosh.
- 2015 Women and Political Process. Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- 2015 Conventional Understanding of the Political” Women and the Political Process. IGNOU.
- 2015 “Feminist Perspectives of Political” Development Planning and Administration. IGNOU.
- 2014 “Dalit Feminism and the Question of Violence” Women’s Studies in India. Rawat Publications
- 2012 “Secularism and the Communal Challenge” The Nature of the Indian State. NCERT.
- 2011 “Women as Question/Women in Question in the West: 19th and 20th Centuries” Theories of Women’s Studies. IGNOU.
- 2005 “Why do we need a Parliament?” Social and Political Life Part III. NCERT.
- 2004 “Theories of State” Modern World: Essential Components. IGNOU.
- 2004 “On Equality” Social and Political Life: Part II. NCERT.
- 2003 “Poverty in India” Development Planning and Administration. IGNOU.
- 2003 “Key Elements of a Democratic Government” Social and Political Life: Part I. NCERT.
Chapters in Books
- 2023 ‘ People’s Movements Since Independence’ in The Indians edited by G N Devy, Tony Joseph, Ravi Korisettar. Aleph Book Company. New Delhi pp 520-23
- 2021 ‘ Engendering Politics of Identity and Development’ in Politics of Identity, Gender and Development edited by A . V. Satish Chandra Viva Books, New Delhi pp 30-33
- 2020 Women in Bhakti Tradition: A Critical Perspective’ Ancient and Medieval Indian Thought: Themes and Traditions. Sage Texts.
- 2020 ‘Women of Marginalized Communities: Concerns About Exclusion’ Women of Marginalized Communities: Concerns About Exclusion. Sarup Book Publishers.
- 2019 ‘When Feminist Sidestep the Nation-State: Transnational Feminist Journeys’ Women’s and Gender Studies in India. Routledge.
- 2019 ‘Of Teachers and Students’ A Song Called Teaching. Aakar.
- 2019 ‘The ‘Right’ Music: Caste and ‘Classical’ Music in South India’ Discourse on Rights in India: Debates and Dilemmas. Routledge.
- 2018 ‘Deepening Democracy: Women’s Rights and Democracy’ Addressing Democracy Diversity, Racial and Gender Based Violence with Focus on Sexual Violence in Conflict Areas in India. MARG.
- 2017 ‘In the Middle: Mediating the Mall, Home and the World Outside’ Locating Gender in the New Middle-Class India. IIAS Shimla.
- 2016 ‘State Intervention in Women’s Rights’ Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India. Worldview.
- 2016 ‘On the Question of Free Speech and Censorship’ The State of Hurt Sentiment, Politics, Censorship. Sage.
- 2011 ‘Human Rights: A Theoretical Foray’ Applied Ethics and Human Rights. Anthem Press
- 2008 ‘Justice’ Political Theory. Pearson Longman.
- 2008 ‘Sovereignty’ Political Theory. Pearson Longman.
- 2017 ‘Migrant Women and Wage Employment: Exploring Issues of Work and Identity Among Health Care Professionals’ -V. V. Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA.
- 2019 ‘Lessons from Hyderabad: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow’-GenderEd University of Edinburgh.
- 2019 ‘When the Law Against Violence Becomes Violent’- GenderEd University of Edinburgh.
- 2018 ‘16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence’ GenderED, University of Edinburg.
Articles in Periodicals and Newspapers
- 2021 ‘No Malayalam, please: What does a Delhi hospital’s diktat say about the value placed on care work?.
- 2020 ‘Claiming Public Spaces, Challenging Patriarchy’ -The Tribune.
- 2019 ‘Numbers Lie in Indian Politics: Contribution of Women Grossly Underplayed’- The Outlook.
- 2017 ‘Anekantavada: Guru-Shishya Parampara’- Attendance.
- 2016 ‘Marital Rape and the Dynamics of Power’ -The Asian Age/The Deccan Chronicle .
- 2016 ‘Society is the Real Widow Maker’ -The Asian Age/The Deccan Chronicle.
- 2016 ‘What Women Want’ -The Asian Age/The Deccan Chronicle.
- 2016 ‘Temples of Equality’- The Asian Age/The Deccan Chronicle.
Invited Talks, Lectures, Conferences
Memorial Lectures/Public Lectures
2023 ‘Women in the Contemporary times: How free and How equal’, Department of Political Science, Miranda House and Policy Centre & Gender Lab (PCGL), Miranda House in collaboration with University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, USA
- 2018 ‘Feminist Explorations of Contemporary South Asia’- The Chrystal MacMillan Lecture, University of Edinburgh.
- 2019 ‘Feminist Pedagogy and the Challenges and Possibilities of Teaching Feminist Movements in South Asia’ The Professor Nirmal Kanti Majumdar Memorial Lecture, Department of Political Science and Economics, Presidency University, Kolkata.