- MPhil- 6 awarded
- PhD- 3 awarded
- Menon, Krishna (2019) Social Movements in Contemporary India. Sage Texts, New Delhi .ISBN 978-93-532-8321-6
- Menon, (Krishna) Sanjay Baniwal, Pamela Singla, Nimesh Desai, Monica Kumar and O P Misra ( co authored) (2018) Women’s Safety In The National Capital Territory of Delhi: A Report. Delhi Police. ISBN: 978-91-5311-490-9
- Menon, Krishna (January, 2017) Resisting violence-Annotated Bibliography and Documents on Initiatives to Challenge Violence Against Women. WISCOMP, New Delhi. ISBN: 978-81-923813-6-7
- Menon, K. (2015) .Women and Political Process. Indira Gandhi National Open University. New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-81-266-6856-4)
- Menon, K. (2018). Classical Political Theory. MHRD Government of India. SWAYAM https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/team.php?syl_id=29#
- Menon, Krishna http://egyankosh.ac.in/handle/123456789/5587
- Menon, K., Bannerjee M., Priyam M. (2009). Human Rights, Gender and Environment. New Delhi: Pearson. (ISBN 978-81-317-1325)
Papers in Journals (National/International):
- Brooke A. Ackerly, Elisabeth Jay Friedman, Krishna Menon & Marysia Zalewski ( June, 2020) Research ethics and epistemic oppression, International Feminist Journal of Politics, 22:3, 309-311, DOI: 10.1080/14616742.2020.1771006
- Brooke A. Ackerly,Elisabeth Jay Friedman,Krishna Menon and Marysia Zalewski ( 28th, January, 2020)
- Feminism+knowledge+politics in the International Journal of Feminist Politics (https://doi.org/10.1080/14616742.2020.1703715)
- Menon, K (Winter 2018) The State of Care: Work, Ethics and Gender, Journal ‘Contemporary Social Scientist’. Volume X ii Mizoram Central University.23-30 (ISSN No: 2230 956X)
- Menon, K. and Johri, R. (2014) Daily Border Crossings: Negotiations of gender, body and subjectivity in the lives of women workers in urban malls. Cultural Encounters, Conflicts, and Resolutions, 1(1), 1-24. (ISSN XXXX-XXXX) http://engagedscholarship.csuohio.edu/cecr/vol1/iss1/4
- Menon, K. (2013). [Review Article - Democracy and its institutions, by A. Beteille]. Studies in Indian Politics, 246-48. (ISSN: 23210230).
- Menon, K. (2012). Divine Music, Evil Women-Gender and Music in the Making of Modern South India, Inter-disciplinary.net. Prague, Czech Republic, May. (Retrieved from http://journey5.org/divine-music-evil-women-caste-gender-and-music-in-the- making-of-download-w894/ )
- Menon, K. (2009). Current Research Trends in Indian Politics: The Debate between Development and Democracy, Journal of South Asian Studies, 15(1), 262-92. (ISSN 1598-1061)
- Menon, K. (1995) Politics in Kerala. The IIC Quarterly, 22 (2-3), 17-26. (ISSN No. 0376-9771)
- Menon, K. (1990). Frauen Und Recht InIndien: Aspekte Eines Strebens Nach Freiheit in Indien In Der Gegenwart. New Delhi. Band IV (1-2), 47-62. (R. No. 6551796)
Chapters in Books/ Textbooks:
- Menon, Krishna ( July, 2020) ‘Women of Marginalized Communities, Concerns about Exclusion” in Women of Marginalized Communities, Concerns about Exclusion edited by Azra Musavi and Juhi Gupta, pp xxv-xliv, Sarup Book Publishers Pvt Ltd. New Delhi
- Menon, Krishna (2019) When Feminists Sidestep the Nation-State: Transnational Feminist Journeys in Women’s and Gender Studies in India edited by Anu Aneja, Routledge, New York. Pp 343-355. ISBN9780367360955
- Menon, Krishna (2019) Of Teachers and Students in A Song Called Teaching edited by Honey Oberoi Vahali. Aakar. New Delhi. Pp111-114. ISBN 978-93-5002-590-1
- Menon, Krishna (2019) The ‘right’ music: caste and ‘classical’ music in south India in Discourse on Rights in India-Debates and Dilemmas edited by Bijayalaxmi Nanda and Nupur Ray. Routledge. New York. pp 338-345. ISBN 978-0-366-20045-9
- Menon, Krishna ( 2018) Deepening Democracy-Women’s Rights and Democracy in Addressing Democracy, Diversity, Racial and Gender Based Violence with Focus on Sexual Violence in Conflict Areas in India edited by Binalakshmi Nepram. MARG and EU. Delhi. Pp 44-8.
- Menon, Krishna (2018) ‘Women’s Political Participation in India’ in Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India edited by Brati Biswas and Ranjana Kaul. Worldview. Delhi pp 66-82 ISBN: 978-93-82267-25-6
- Menon, Krishna (2018) ‘ State Intervention in Women’s Rights’ in Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India edited by Brati Biswas and Ranjana Kaul. Worldview. Delhi. Pp 156-168. ISBN: 978-93-82267-25-6
- Menon, Krishna and Johri, Rachana. (2017)’ In the Middle: Mediating The Mall, Home and The World Outside’ in Locating Gender in the New Middle Class in India, IIAS, Shimla. pp 149-71. ISBN:978-93-82396-44-4
- Menon, Krishna (2017) “Anekantavada’ in attendance published by Ashish Mohan Khokar. New Delhi. pp 63-6. ISBN:817017538
- Malhotra M., & Menon, K. (2016) 'State Intervention in Women's Rights'. In Women and Empowerment in Contemporary India, Edited by Brati Biswas and Ranjana Kaul. Worldview Publications, pp 142-154. New Delhi. 2016.
- Menon, K ( 2016) ‘On the Question of Free Speech and Censorship’ in The State of Hurt Sentiment, Politics, Censorship ed. Rina Ramdev, Sandhya D Nambiar and Debatiya Bhattacharya Sage , New Delhi, ISBN978-93-515-0304-0 pp252-267.
- Menon, K. (2015). Conventional Understanding of the Political. In Women and the Political Process (pp. 11-20). New Delhi: IGNOU. (ISBN: 978-81-266-6856-4)
- Menon, K. (2015). Feminist Perspectives of Political. In Women and the Political Process (pp. 22-34). New Delhi: IGNOU. (ISBN: 978-81-266-6856-4)
- Menon, K. (2014). Dalit Feminism and the Question of Violence. In Vij, Bhatia and Pandey (Eds.). Women’s Studies in India (pp. 222-233). New Delhi: Rawat Publications. (ISBN 978-81-316-0634-6)
- Menon, K. (2012). Secularism and the Communal Challenge. In The Nature of the Indian State (pp. 23-33). New Delhi: NCERT. (ISBN: 978-81-266-6018-6)
- Menon, K. (2011). Human Rights: A Theoretical Foray. In S. Motilal (Ed.). Applied Ethics and Human Rights (pp. 57-66). London: Anthem Press. (ISBN 978-93-80601- 35-9)
- Menon, K. (2008). Justice. In R. Bhargava and A. Acharya (Eds.) Political Theory (pp. 74-86). New Delhi: Pearson Longman. (ISBN 978-81-317-0625-1)
- Menon, K. (2008). Sovereignty. In Rajeev Bhargava and Ashok Acharya (Eds.). Political Theory (pp. 156-168). New Delhi: Pearson Longman. ( ISBN 978-81-317- 0625-1)
- Menon, K. (2011). Women as Question/women in Question in the West: 19th and 20th Centuries. In Theories of Women’s and Gender Studies (pp. 13-34). IGNOU. New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-81-266-5756-8)
- Menon, K. (2005). Why do we need a Parliament? In Social and Political Life- part III (pp. 30-41). New Delhi: NCERT. (ISBN 978-81-7450-825-6)
- Menon, K. (2004). Theories of State. In Modern World: Essential Components (pp. 5- 15). New Delhi: IGNOU. (ISBN 18-266-1311-4)
- Menon, K. (2004). On Equality. In Social and Political Life-Part II (pp. 2-15). New Delhi: NCERT. (ISBN 81-7450-5113)
- Menon, K. (2003). Poverty in India. In Development Planning and Administration (pp. 83-91). New Delhi: IGNOU. (ISBN81-266-0781-5)
- Menon, K. (2003). Key Elements of a Democratic Government. In Social and Political Life-Part I (pp. 35-42). New Delhi: NCERT. (ISBN 81-7450-5113)
- Menon, K. & Damodaran, S. (2007). Migrant Women and Wage Employment: Exploring Issues of Work and Identity among Health Care Professionals .V.V. Giri National Labour Institute NLI Research Studies Series No: 073/2007
- Menon, Krishna ( 2017 onward )appointed on the National Advisory Board of the Journal ‘Contemporary Social Scientist’ UGC approved peer reviewed journal published by the Mizoram University.ISSN No: 2230 956X
- Menon, K (forthcoming) editor of the forthcoming issue of Peace Prints http://wiscomp.org/peaceprints/-
- Peer Reviewer
- Menon, Krishna ( 2018) Peer Reviewer for the IFJP
- Menon, Krishna ( 2017 onward appointed on the National Advisory Board of the Journal
- ‘Contemporary Social Scientist’ UGC approved pree reviwed journal published by the Mizoram University.ISSN No: 2230 956X
- Peer Reviewer: Global Public Health- An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice ISSN 1744-1692 (Print), 1744-1706 (Online) Routledge, USA
- Peer Reviewer for the Journal of Creative Communication, Ahmadabad: Sage. Print ISSN: 0973-2586; Online ISSN: 0973-2594. November, 2014
- Menon, Krishna ( November, 2019) https://16daysblogathon.blog/2019/12/09/day-16-when-the-law-against-violence-becomes-violent/
- Menon, Krishna ( December, 2019) https://genderpoliticsatedinburgh.wordpress.com/2019/12/16/lessons-from-hyderabad-yesterday-today-and-tomorrow/
- Menon, Krishna (November 25, 2018) https://16daysblogathon.wordpress.com/- a blog to mark the Sixteen Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence as part of the UGC UKIERI project with the University of Edinburgh
- Research Projects (International and National)
- Menon, Krishna (October 2018) Project with WISCOMP and the American Embassy Delhi Hamsa to study gender equity on university and college campuses across India.
- Menon, Krishna and Sen, Rukmini (January, 2019) Knowledge Partners with Azad Foundation for an international Conference on Making Non-Traditional Livelihoods ( NTL) work for the marginalized.
- Krishna Menon (2017-2019 (Principal Investigator), Rachana Johri, Sumangala Damodaran, Rukmini Sen and Bindu K.C.and a team from the University of Edinburgh, awarded the UGC-UKIERI research grant for two years. 2017-2019. Teaching Feminisms, Transforming Lives: Questions of Identity, Pedagogy and Violence in India and the UK.”- Rs. 49 Lakhs.
- Dr. Krishna Menon (along with Dr. Rachana Johri) received a grant from Ambedkar University in April, 2015 for the project titled ‘New Urban Spaces and the Negotiations of Women's Subjectivity’ (Amount to grant sanctioned: Rs. 2 Lakhs)
- Menon, Krishna ( February, 2019) Through the Lens of Gender and Sexuality, Review of Dancing With the Nation by Ruth Vanita The Book Review, Volume XLIII, Number 2 pp36-38. ISSN No.0970-
- Menon, Krishna ( August, 2018) The Evolving Politics of Odissi. Review of Languid Bodies Grounded Stances by Nandini Sikand in The Book Review Volume XLII Number 8pp30-32. ISSN No. 0970-4175
- Menon, Krishna (2017)-' An Insider's Perspective ' review of the book Kathakali Dance- Theater:A Visual Narrative of Sacred Indian Mime in The Book Review. New Delhi. pp 35-7. ISSN: No. 0970-4175.
- Menon, K (2016) [Review of Jalsa: Indian Women and their Journeys From the Salon to the Studio] pp 68-69. Volume XL No. 10. October, 2016. ISSN:No 0970-4175
- Menon, K (2016) [Review of Feminisms of Discontent: Contestations edited by Ashleigh Barnes,] http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-5053/2016/july/7/evolving-insights.html., pp 7-8. ISSN:No 0970-4175
- Menon, K. (2016)[ Review of Indian Classical Dance The Renaissance and Beyond by Leela Venkataraman.]http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives4807/2016/january/1/the-story-of-indian-dance.html ISSN: 0970-4175. Pp 37-39.
- Menon, K. (2015). [Review of the book Crafting through Words, Shaping the world: Women Writers on themselves, by M. Kapur (Eds)]. The Book Review, XXXIX (3). (ISSN: 0970-4175) Retrieved from http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-4419/2015/march/3/crafting- through-words.html
- Menon, K. (2014). Of Ownership and Control. [Review of the book Women, Land and Power in Asia, by M.K. Raj & G. Kelkar]. The Book Review, XXXVIII (3). (ISSN: 0970-4175) Retrieved from http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives- 2485/2014/february/2/of-ownership-and-control.html
- Menon, K. (2014). [Review of the book Gender and Neo-Liberalism, by E. Armstrong]. The Book Review, XXXVIII (6), 25-26. (ISSN: 0970-4175) Retrieved from http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-3338/2014/june/6/a-gendered- approach-to-political-economy.html
- Menon, K. (2014). [Review of the book Ladyland, by B.R. Shekhawat]. The Book Review, XXXVIII (8), 33. (ISSN: 0970-4175) Retrieved from http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-3636/2014/august/8/a-feminist- fable.html
- Menon, K.(2013). [Review of the book A grief to bury: Memories of love, work and loss, by V. Kannabiran]. Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia and the Pacific, 32. (ISSN: 14409151). Retrieved from http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue32/menon_review.htm
- Menon, K. (2012). [Review of the book Family and the Law in India, by F. Agnes]. The Book Review, XXXVI (3), 64. (ISSN: 0970-4175) Retrieved from http://www.thebookreviewindia.org/articles/archives-815/2012/march/3/feminism- family-and-the-law.html
- Menon, K. (1999). [Review of the book Interrogating Culture, by S. Joseph]. Seminar, 475, 81-82. (ISSN: 0971-6742)
Articles in newspapers:
- Menon, K ( February 16th, 2020) Claiming Public Spaces, Challenging Patriarchy in The Tribune https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/claiming-public-spaces-challenging-patriarchy-42374
- Menon, K (25th April, 2019) Numbers Lie In Indian Politics: Contribution Of Women Grossly Underplayed, The Outlook, New Delhi. May 6th, 2019
- Menon K. (2016). 'Marital Rape and the Dynamics of Power' in The Asian Age/The Deccan Chronicle, New Delhi, May 7th, 2016.
- Menon K. (2016) 'Society is the Real Widow Maker' in The Asian Age, New Delhi, March 31st, 2016.
- Retrieved from http://www.asianage.com/columnists/society-real-widow-maker-810
- Menon, K (2016) 'What Women Want' in The Asian Age , New Delhi, March 8th, 2016
- Menon, K (2016) ‘Temples of Equality’ in The Deccan Chronicle/ Asian Age, New Delhi, January 30th, 2016.
- Memorial Lectures Delivered (International and National)
- Menon, Krishna ( 20th February,2018) Delivered the Chrystal MacMillan Lecture at the University of Edinburgh ‘ Feminist Explorations of Contemporary South Asia’. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qG5miRuMNE
- Krishna ( January 28th, 2019) Delivered Professor Nirmal Kanti Majumdar Memorial Lecture at the Department of Political Science and Economics, Presidency University , Kolkata on ‘ Feminist Pedagogy and the Challenges and Possibilities of Teaching Feminist Movements in South Asia’
MOOC Lecture for MHRD- SWAYAM
Menon, Krishna ( October 26th, 2018) recorded a video lecture titled Gender Violence and Human Rights for the Orientation Programme for teachers on the Disciplines – Human Rights, Environment and Ethics. Ramanujan College has been notified by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as one of the 75 National Resource Centres (NRC) and entrusted with the responsibility of developing the Module of the Course to be imparted as MOOCs using the MHRD’s SWAYAM platform. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cnzv8kp7TDJy8jAzauCVb8hkeENiPGf8