- History of Labour Relations, Wellbeing and Entrepreneurship
- Socio-Economic History of the Labour Processes and the Condition of Wellbeing; A Comparative Enquiry into Experiences of the Mining Communities in India (the Jharia Coalfields) and South Africa (Transvaal Coalfields); Methodology of Oral History, Memory Study, and Historical Anthropology.
Other Academic Distinction
- Research Fellow, Linnaeus University, Centre for Concurrencies in Colonial and Post-colonial Studies, January – December 2016.
- Senior Research Associate, University of Johannesburg (UJ), South African Research Chair in Social Change, December 2012 - December 2015.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of Johannesburg, South African Research Chair in Social Change, July 2010-June 2012.
- Sasakawa Young Leadership Fellowship (SYLFF) 2006-2009 (A fellowship managed at J.N.U. in the form of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Young Leadership Fellowship’ for PhD) of Junior Research Fellowship from Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) 2004-2005.
- Independent Urban Research Scholarship from SARAI (CSDS) 2003-2004.
- Short-term Urban Research Stipend from SARAI (CSDS) 2002-2003.
- Contingency Grant for Field-Research from ICHR 2003-2004.
Dissertation and Thesis Supervised
- Nabhojeet Sen, ‘Convict Labour Regime in Colonial India, 1820-1870’, M.Phil. Dissertation submitted at Ambedkar University Delhi 2017.
- Peeyush Gaur, ‘From a Duck-Shooting Site to a National Park: A Study of Socio-Ecological Relationship at the Keoladeo Ghana Park’, M.Phil. Dissertation submitted at Ambedkar University Delhi 2015.
- Ruby Saini, ‘Claiming a Respectable Status: the Malis and Sainis in the Punjab, 1910-1970’, M.Phil. Dissertation submitted at Ambedkar University Delhi 2015.