The CPSH is an 11 member committee representing all constituents in the following numbers who will be directly elected:
- Students (including 1 research scholar and 1 hostel resident): 4
- Academic teaching staff: 3
- Non-teaching staff: 2
- Members from a pool of outside experts with known contribution to gender issues: 2
In accordance with the Vishakha Judgment, it shall be mandatory for each Committee under the present Rules and Procedures to have a woman Chairperson as well as at least 50 per cent women members. Members from any gender can contest elections.
- The CPSH shall form from within its members, committees such as Screening Committee, Enquiry Committee and Vacations Committee to address complaints of sexual harassment.
- The tenure of each member will be of three years from the date of assumption of office, and shall be subject to a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Student members (including hostel and research scholars’ representative) shall have a term of One year.