Dr. Nitin Malik is presently working as Registrar, of the Ambedkar University, New Delhi, a University established by Govt. of NCT of Delhi. Dr. Nitin Malik has a vast experience of serving in Higher Education for 28 Years and has served various Universities established by State Government and Central University established by Govt. of India, as Faculty in the University Department and on various senior Administrative Positions in Universities. He has done his Graduation, Post graduation with First class at both levels and Ph.D, all from University of Delhi, Delhi.
He started his career in academics as Lecturer in University Department in 1990 and then as Reader in University Department since 1999 to 2001, in the field of Anthropology, faculty of Life Sciences. In the year 2001 joined as Deputy Registrar at GGS IP University at Delhi. He was promoted to Joint Registrar in 2007 and has wide experience of holding Senior administrative positions as In charge (Conduct & Results)Examinations, In charge Affiliations, Personnel, Legal and RTI, In charge Academics and Academic Coordination and Student Support, Academic and Admissions at GGSIP University, New Delhi, a State University established by Govt. of NCT of Delhi with 12 University School and affiliation of 114 Colleges/Institutes offering various professional courses in Delhi and NCR region. He has been dealing with statutory bodies viz AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI, Bar Council and NCTE, besides interaction at various levels of Govt. of NCT of Delhi primarily with Department of Higher Education & Department of Technical and Training Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Delhi. Dr Nitin Malik has also been a nominated member of the 4rth State Fee Regulatory Committee (SFRC) , Deptt of Higher Education, Govt of NCT of Delhi, New Delhi.
Dr. Nitin Malik has been nominated as Expert/Resource person in Higher Education in various facets of works in number of Universities and Institutes of Higher Learning in India, being nominated as member in various Selection committees and CAS of University teachers/Faculty as UGC Observer by University Grants Commission and Selection Committees of other Universities. He has also served as Observer for many national level Examination conducted by CBSE, UGC and other Universities etc., besides as member committee for Departmental Promotion committee (of UGC itself ) and to finalize the SC/ST Roaster of UGC administrative cadre with distinguished other Members as nominated besides as member in various committees in the field of Higher Education.
Notable Positions held
- Dr. Nitin Malik was selected and appointed as First Registrar by Hon’ble President of India, of the newly established Central University of Haryana, Mahendergarh, (Estb. By Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India), and has worked as First Registrar of Central University of Haryana (CUH). As Registrar he served as the Secretary to the most important statutory bodies of CUH like, Academic Council, and Executive Council and was by virtue of office as custodian of records and seal of the University, along dealing with CPWD , Various Govt. agencies and Central Universities wing, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India etc.
- Dr. Nitin Malik has been also as Registrar of IIIT Delhi, New Delhi on deputation and conducted the academic senate and Board of Governors meeting at IIIT Delhi as Secretary to both the statutory bodies.
- Dr. Malik with vide experience of handling various administrative positions and academia of Higher Education with presently dealing with admissions and other related activities of around 80,000 + Students enrolled in various disciplines/ Programmes varying from MBBS , MD, MS and other Super Specialty Programmes, Para Medical Sciences, Engineering, Management, Law, Education, Humanities, Journalism, Architectureat University besides other administrative duties as assigned.
- Alongside administration, he has also been continuously pursuing his academic interests by participating and as invited speaker/ resource person in several Training Programmes / Seminars / Conferences/Workshops / Management Development Programmes of National and International Level including those organized at National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, Delhi; Centre for Professional Development in Higher Education and Institute for Life long Learning, University of Delhi; Department of Anthropology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, USA; etc. He also has to his credit more than 11 research papers and publications in National and International Journals.
- Dr. Malik has vast international and national exposure of Higher Education at National and International Level which includes official visits to various Universities and Institutes of repute in countries like USA, Switzerland, France etc. He was also nominated as Officer along with Registrar of GGSIP University and received The Platinum Technology Award for Quality and Best Trade Name by OMAC – Association Otherways Management & Consulting, Paris, France on December 20, 2010 on behalf as awarded for the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- He has also been honoured with Radhakrishnan Award on academic achievement by a prestigious social organization. Various National and State chapters of Social organizations and Clubs have honoured him for his contribution in the field of Higher Education.
- Last Year 2017-18, Dr Nitin Malik has been honoured with Mahtama Hansraj Samman Award for his notable contribution in Higher Education to Society, conferred by Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- Dr Nitin Malik is presently nominated member of VMC ( 2015-17) as Nominee Chairman, Kendriya Vidyalaya , Sector 5 Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Dr Nitin Malik is presently member of IQAC , Hansraj College , University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Dr Nitin Malik is member of IQAC , Saheed Rajguru College , University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Dr Nitin Malik is also presently as nominated member of 4rth State Fee Regulatory Committee, Deptt of Higher Education, constituted under Statutory Provisions by Govt. of NCT of Delhi , New Delhi, working on recommendations to Govt of NCT of Delhi for assessing Fees etc., for various courses in Self Financing colleges.