- The Academic Council shall consist of the following persons, namely:-
- the Vice-Chancellor who shall be the Chairman ;
- three persons from amongst educationists of repute or men of letters or members of the legal profession or eminent public men, who are not in the service of the University, nominated by the Chancellor;
- a nominee of the Bar Council of India;
- all the Heads of the Departments;
- two members of the teaching staff, one each respectively representing the associate and assistant professors of the University, nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of one year on rotation;
- Provided that an employee of the University shall not be eligible for nomination under category (b)
- The term of the members other than ex-officio members and those whose term is specified by clause (e) of sub-section (1), shall be three years.