Fees, Fee Waiver and Student Welfare Fund
The vision guiding AUD is the commitment thatprospective students learn to value andappreciate the social privileges they enjoybecause of the heavy subsidy that goes intopublic institutions of higher education in India.
Therefore, a minimum proportion of the costincurred by the University for each of its studentsis reflected in the fee structure. Based on thisphilosophy, AUD has instituted a differential feestructure for different programmes, with anunderstanding that the upper slab is envisagednot to be so high that only a particular segmentof society can afford it and the lower slab not solow that the sense of responsibility among the students goes missing.
- The differential fee structure ranges fromRs. 1100 to Rs. 2210 per credit for most courses.Students will also be expected to bear additionalexpenses related to field-visits, supplementaryprogrammes, learning materials etc.
- In addition, students are required to pay Rs. 500per semester to the Student Welfare Fund
- Rs. 5000 is to be paid as a refundable security deposit.
Refund of Fees
After being admitted, if a student withdraws from the programme the fees would be refunded asgiven below.
- Before the orientation programme Rs. 1000 will be deducted.
- After the orientation programme only caution deposit will be refunded.
It is the stated policy of the University that no deserving applicant, as far as possible, is denied theopportunity of studying at AUD merely due to her/his inability to pay the fees. To implement this acomprehensive fee-waiver policy is adopted.
The University offers full and partial tuition fee-waivers to students who are in need of support giventheir economic background. Students with an annual family income of less than Rs. 6 Lakhs will beconsidered for tuition fee-waiver.
The gross annual family income ceiling (slab-wise) for availing tuition fee-waiver from the economicallybackward students (other than SC, ST and PwD), is given below:
|% of Tuition Fee waiver||Gross Annual Family Income|
|Slab -1||100% Tuition Fee waiver||Rs 3 Lakh or below|
|Slab -2||75% Tuition Fee waiver||Rs 4 Lakh or below, but more than Rs 3 lakh|
|Slab -3||50% Tuition Fee waiver||Rs 5 Lakh or below, but more than Rs 4 lakh|
|Slab -4||25% Tuition Fee waiver||Rs 6 Lakh or below, but more than Rs 5 lakh|
The University extends full waiver of tuition fees to all students belonging to SC, ST, and PwD.
Procedure for Applying for Fee-waiver
At the time of admission, a student can apply fortuition fee-waiver by submitting supportingdocuments as below:
Self-undertaking for availing the fee waiverprescribed by the student services division.
Income certificate issued by Tehsildar/Sub divisional Magistrate of the current financial year.
Student Welfare Fund
The University has created a Student WelfareFund with the objective of making financialassistance available for meeting the welfareneeds of students in need, such as emergentmedical assistance, purchase of books and studymaterial, meeting the boarding and lodgingexpenses equivalent to the amount that isrequired to avail of AUD hostel facilities, and anyother comparable needs of students.
An amount of Rs. 500 per semester is collectedfrom all students towards the Student WelfareFund and an equal amount is contributed by theUniversity. The Fund is managed and monitoredby a Committee which includes nominees fromamong the student community.
Through the fee structure as well as theexemptions offered, AUD hopes to inculcate asocial sensitivity in its students—to respect whatthey enjoy as privileges and to be able to servesociety in their future professional capacities.
- The decision of the Admission Committee on all matters of admission will be final.
- The jurisdiction of any dispute will be limited to the NCT of Delhi.
News and Announcements
- 26-02-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Executive on 26th February 2017
- 09,10-02-2017: Assistant Registrar list of candidates invited for the Descriptive Type Written Test and Personal Interview to he held on 09th & 10th February 2017
- 22-01-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Assistant Registrar on 22 January 2017