The Clinic Wings
Khel Khel Mein – Child Clinic
Children and adolescents sense a lot from the world around them and at times are caught between expectations and desires. Sometimes in children you may notice,
- Them being withdrawn and experiencing prolonged sadness
- Separation anxiety and the fear of independence
- Inability to make friends and negative attitude towards oneself,
- Bed wetting, rituals and phobias
- Academic failures, inability to concentrate, hyperactivity, bullying with peers
- Loss of appetite, irritability, temper tantrums, convulsions and fits,
- Sibling rivalry, aggression, defiance, adjustment problems,
- Stress due to difficulties in the parent’s relations and unhelpful parenting strategies.
- Autism, Mental Retardation, Learning disability, Dyslexia.
- Dealing with your child in these states requires listening to what the child is unable to communicate. The therapist engages with the child and explores his/her inner world through play and expressive techniques.
Abhivyakti – Adolescent Clinic
Adolescents experience and express needs of dependency and independence and in this process you may go through certain challenges like,
- Being blocked in your engagement in school because you are preoccupied with thoughts or feelings.
- Have undergone overwhelming experiences that they find difficult to experience and verbalize.
- Feel confused about their identity, gender and sexuality and feel uncertain about their future.
- Take recourse to drugs or alcohol or gang activities because of feeling depressed.
- Over eat or diet excessively as a way to manage difficult feelings they cannot verbalize and other obsessions about one’s body.
Such behavior and experiences interfere as well as carry a potential for personal growth and well being of the child. Psychotherapy as an alternative addresses the deeper conflicts underlying the surface of these disturbances.
Anubhav – Adult Clinic
Personal relationships and work are a playground to know oneself and here one may experience acute anxiety, sadness, hopelessness, betrayal and anger. Individual psychotherapy is a space to recover a sense of stability and meaningfulness by looking at difficult life experiences and feelings in a safe engagement with the therapist. You could be experiencing,
- Feeling of emptiness, loss of meaning in life or an inability to experience aliveness and creativity
- Difficulties in relationships with one’s families and loved ones.
- Feelings of incompetence, inadequacy at work and negative thoughts about one’s future.
- Confusion, ambivalence and anxieties around marriage and intimacy.
- Gender identity crises and fears of acceptance related to it.
- Addictions of alcoholism, drug abuse and sex addiction.
- Troubling relationship patterns or personality problems.
- Recurring thoughts about death or dying.
- Engaging with the loss of a loved one.
Humsafar – Family Clinic
Life in the family acquires a difficult emotional tone specially when you are going through divorce or loss of a parent, or there is too much violence, there is a secret you can’t reveal, you feel the family is divided, you are exhausted by the prolonged mental or physical illness of a family member, you have adopted a child or you are a child of foster parents, you and your partner have different expectations. We understand the notion of the family not only in the sense of its biological origins but also a family where one’s emotional rootedness may be more present.
Family therapy is a space to listen to parts of each other in the family with the hope of recovering the realities of the relationship.
- Conflicts in relationships like infidelity, the gap in the parent’s expectations and values, incompatibilities between partners.
- Broken and estranged relationships due to divorce, separation and due to the loss of a parent
- Polarized relationships where the family feels divided on issues, problems of roles and dependency
- Domestic violence and physical abuse within the family or in a relationship
- Sexual abuse and incest in families.
- Dealing with prolonged physical and mental illness, addiction in a family member.
- Resettlement to a new city due to displacement, due to professional choices.
- Foster parents and the adopted child.
- Financial problems
- Infertility and parenting problems
- Lack of spark and feeling of stuckness
- Discord with in-laws and extended families
- Gay and Lesbian families and the struggles and the conflict they experience viz. a viz. the mainstream society.
Relational strife in families where the voice of the younger member may be oppressed especially in a joint family setting In the absence of the familial spaces what are the families which one creates and begins to live in and the difficulties experienced in the process.
News and Announcements
- 26-02-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Executive on 26th February 2017
- 09,10-02-2017: Assistant Registrar list of candidates invited for the Descriptive Type Written Test and Personal Interview to he held on 09th & 10th February 2017
- 22-01-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Assistant Registrar on 22 January 2017