Rachna Atri Saksena
My research focus for doctoral program foregrounds on ecological public health. it gravitates around issues of social equity and public health policy with regards to urban waste management. I am specifically looking at sanitation and health regimes in Delhi .The underlying theme is to look at the institutional framework, urban transitions and contestations around waste management.
It is through empirically grounded research I propose to bring to fore the contested urban spaces around environmental sensibilities and ‘Swatch Bharat’ activism with regards to public health among urban actors across the caste and class dimensions. I want to capture the contemporary policy constructs that entrench the entitlements and livelihood options of people at the margins, through the practices adopted by the institutions.
Published Work :
- Lokpal: Drama within the Debate in Subalterns-vol.19, Quarterly newsletter of Indian Social Institute.
- What is wrong with the Rights , Subalterns-vol.18
- Outreach Intervention In Manipur: Injecting Drug users and their sexual partners.Sida,2004
- 2011-2012 : Three Book reviews for An ISBN journal Social Action,
- I am a life member of two academic research associations, Indian Sociological Society (Where I have presented 4 papers which are work in progress) and Indian Anthropological Association.
- Chaired a session at the Workshop organized by South Asian Peoples’ Initiatives (SAPI), August 28-30, 2011On Understanding ‘Democratic’ Governance vis-à-vis ‘Good’ Governance.
I have been associated with field based research while working at institutions mentioned herein:
Jawaharlal Nehru University,Delhi: As research Assistant on a study of Physically Challenged women in rural Haryana and Rajasthan, conducted by School of Social Systems (SSS), JNU New Delhi, for the ministry of social justice and empowerment.In Centre For Advocacy And Research (CFAR), I was a researcher for a Rapid Communication Appraisal Study on behalf of Hindustan Latex in Uttar Pardesh to identify health communication priorities for Strategic Documentation for SIDA, Mahila Samakhya, Uttar Pradesh. I have also worked in Indian Social Institute, New Delhi as researcher in Women’s unit.
News and Announcements
- 26-02-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Executive on 26th February 2017
- 09,10-02-2017: Assistant Registrar list of candidates invited for the Descriptive Type Written Test and Personal Interview to he held on 09th & 10th February 2017
- 22-01-2017: Notice to the Candidates Appearing for the written Test for the Post of Assistant Registrar on 22 January 2017